Pallot Glass are proud suppliers of Pilkington Glass products, and their fantastic OptiView™ technology.
Pilkington OptiView™ and Pilkington OptiView™ Protect are Pilkington’s on-line coated low reflective products..
Start Your Project
Contact the Mirror & Glass Team today. Complete the form below, call 01534 760500 or use our Chat service
Pilkington OptiView™ is a monolithic glass with a low reflective coating on one surface, which reduces visible light reflectance and allows more visible light to pass through when compared to clear float glass with 8% light reflectance as standard. This results in improved vision through the glass.
Pilkington OptiView™ Protect is a laminated glass with low reflective coatings on surfaces #1 and #4 (both outer surfaces of the laminated glass), which reduces interior and exterior visible light reflectance to around 2%. As a consequence, views from both inside and out are clear, unobscured and virtually reflection-free. Pilkington OptiView™ Protect offers all the traditional benefits of laminated glass, such as improved safety, enhanced security, durability and acoustic properties. Furthermore, it provides protection from UV radiation (UVA and UVB) by blocking over 99% of UV transmittance, helping to reduce fading of the contents and interiors of a building.
Uncoated glass: Reflectance = 8%
OptiView™ coated glass (1 surface): Reflectance ~5%
Pilkington OptiView™ coated glass (1 surface): Reflectance = ~5%
Laminated Pilkington OptiView™ coated glass (2 surfaces): Reflectance = ~2%
• Exterior and interior light reflection reduced to around 2%
• Light transmission greater than 90%
• Neutral colour
• UV transmittance reduced by over 99%
• Superior safety, security and acoustic properties
• Highly durable, on-line pyrolytic coating which achieves Class A to EN 1096-2
• Performance to Class 1(B)1 EN 12600 and EN ISO 12543-2 respectively
• Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification
• Can be toughened and curved.
Pilkington OptiView TM
Standard Stock: 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8mm
Pilkington OptiViewTM Protect
Standard Stock: 6.4mm, 6.8mm, 8.8mm, 11.5mm & 13.5mm
Other thicknesses of Pilkington OptiViewTM Protect are available on request which would be 9.5mm, 12.8mm & 16.8mm
• Digital screens / touch screens
• Museum cases / display cases
• Shop fronts
• Stadia and Corporate Box Seating
• Architectural – interiors