Pallot Glass are proud suppliers of Pilkington Glass products, and their fantastic Spacia™ technology.
The width of single glazing. The warmth of double glazing.
Start Your Project
Contact the Mirror & Glass Team today. Complete the form below, call 01534 760500 or use our Chat service
Pilkington’s revolutionary Spacia™ vacuum glazing technology provides unrivalled thermal performance in an ultra-thin unit that fits seamlessly into listed and conservation properties. This innovative unit allows the character of the property to be retained as it can be used with the original frames. It can also be used as secondary glazing and where aesthetics are important in a new or modern property.
How It Works
Pilkington Spacia™ consists of an outer pane of low-emissivity glass and an inner pane of clear float glass, with a vacuum rather than air or gas between the two panes of glass. The result is excellent thermal performance from a unit only fractionally as thick as a standard doubled glazed unit.
The world’s first commercially available vacuum glazing. This extremely thin glazing can be fitted in old style fine frames, maintaining the original appearance of older traditional buildings whilst providing good thermal insulation.
• Thermal performance equal to or better than that of most low-e double glazing but in the same thickness as single glass
• Improves energy efficiency and maintains aesthetics in a range of older and traditional properties including Listed Buildings
• Suitable as a replacement for single glazing in old frames, retaining the appearance of historic buildings and meeting the requirements for conservation areas
• Four times better thermal insulation than single glazing
• Suitable for other applications where use of thinner, low-weight glazing is desirable, such as sliding box sashes, secondary glazing, or as part of a triple glazed ‘super-window’
• Pilkington Spacia™ achieves higher levels of sound insulation than conventional glazing
• Proven solution; installed successfully in the UK and used in Japan for over a decade
• Offers reduced levels of internal condensation compared to single glazing
• Thin structure (6.2mm) and low-weight glazing
• Excellent thermal and acoustic performance
• Restoration projects
• Secondary Windows
• Modular Buildings : Prime windows